Our Response to COVID19
*last updated June 8, 2021
The Catalpa Health team continues to make decisions regarding clinic re-entry and face-to-face visits with guidance from the CDC, Wisconsin Department of Health Services, and our professional health care partners and organizations. As changes occur or additional updates based on your personal treatment plan, your provider or a member of the Catalpa Client Services team will reach out to you directly. For any questions or concerns, please contact us at 920.750.7000.
We are here for you, every step of the way!
Q: What is the policy on masks at all Catalpa clinics?
All clients, staff and visitors are required to wear a mask at all times while in public common areas at a Catalpa facility. Masks may only be taken off when in a private room with the door closed. For the safety and wellness of all we serve, we will continue to enforce our face covering policy.
Q: Why are we still masking?
Our number one goal is to keep the kids and families of our community and those we serve safe. Many of the clients (kids and teens) we serve have not received COVID-19 vaccinations; therefore, we will continue to follow CDC guidance on masking protocol, and mask in the building where children and teens are present.
Q: What is Catalpa doing to protect its clients and staff?
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we rapidly began new protocols and safety measures recommended by the CDC at each of our clinic locations. Examples of the precautions implemented include:
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures
- Steps to ensure social distancing
- New policies that require masks
- Screening protocols (questions upon arrival) for all clients, staff and visitors
Q: Who is allowed to come to an appointment?
We continue to limit caregivers to one per client, with special exceptions in some cases. Please talk with your care team about whether these measures will affect you.
Q: Is Catalpa offering any open clinic hours?
Yes! as of May 17, 2021, our team has updated open clinic hours at each location.
Appleton Open Clinic Hours
Monday – Thursday | 8:00am – 5:15pm
Friday | 8:00am – 12:00pm
Oshkosh Open Clinic Hours
Monday & Tuesday | 11:00am – 4:00pm
Waupaca Open Clinic Hours
Thursday | 9:00am – 2:00pm
Q: How can I reach my Catalpa care team for medication refills?
Yes! Catalpa’s entire staff of prescribers and nurses are available to respond. You can contact providers in two ways:
- Login through your existing MyThedaCare account
- Contact us directly at 920.750.7000 and one of our team members will assist you
Q: Does Catalpa still offer telehealth visits, even with open clinic hours beginning?
Yes! We recognize that telehealth appointments continue to work really well for many of our clients and are able to meet you where you’re at. Please discuss with your provider to best determine your course of action for future visits that are scheduled.
Steps for a Zoom Video Visit (at least 15 min before the appointment time):
- Use your computer, tablet, smartphone, or other devices that are equipped with a camera and microphone (usually these are built into the device).
- Use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers
- Go to Catalpahealth.org
- Click “Our Providers” at the top
- Scroll down and click on your provider’s picture
- Scroll down and click “Start a telemedicine call with (provider)” inside the white box
- Zoom will open in the browser, prompting you to join from the browser, or open with the Zoom app.
- You are now in a virtual waiting room and waiting for the provider to finish with their last patient and accept your video chat to start
Click here for a step-by-step video of how this process works!
If you have technical difficulties, don’t worry. Your provider will call you instead as a backup at your preferred phone number
If we have not connected after 15 minutes past your scheduled time, please call our main number for help: 920.750.7000.
IMPORTANT: In order for a video chat to work, your device must allow access to your camera and microphone. Usually, a pop-up window will ask you to allow this, but on some devices, you have to activate settings another way. This can take time to figure out. Please try out the steps above a few hours or a day before your visit (stopping before you actually check the client in).
If you are already a client and wish to schedule a new appointment:
Call our Catalpa Access Line – 920.750.7000
If you are a new family to Catalpa:
Call our Catalpa Access Line – 920.750.7000 and ask for an initial assessment appointment.